A month or so back I mentioned that I had started to do the Make Over Your Mornings by Crystal Paine. In typical fashion, once I got started I kind of went off the deep end with the whole increasing productivity thing. I’m now a graduate of it, the Make Over Your Evenings course and I’m half way through the Make Over Your Year course. My husband and I are doing the Year course together since it’s about household as well as personal goals. It’s been fun to work on this together and also helpful. We are pretty different in work styles and personalities so the course is helping us in two ways: to create better balanced goals through helpful feedback since we view things pretty differently and to let us come to common ground on some key goals that we don’t seem to make headway on year after year. It feels exciting to get some traction going on our goals!
I had to laugh the other day when Steven guided me back on the rails about something that I was over reaching on and said “what would Crystal Paine do?” Now my almost 14 year old is also working doing the Morning program and we all have fun with WWCPD added in here and there in our weekly planning conversations. We’ve become Crystal disciples – LOL.
So what’s the result of all this work?
- I’ve woken up at 5:40 AM for over a month now and am feeling much more in control of my day and my productivity has definitely improved.
- For 2 weeks now I’ve been tracking my sleep, activity and calories (in connection with My Fitness Pal) with the Jawbone UP2 that my friend Hallie and Crystal Paine recommended. I LOVE the alarm feature!! It’s so nice to wake up without been jarred by a loud alarm but instead wake with the Jawbone vibrating. My husband likes it too and I’m not worried about waking my toddler anymore.
- Checking a number of significant projects off our Pivotal Tracker house project to do list. If BTW you’re doing any type of home remodeling, or really just want a nice way to check off the to do’s, check out Pivotal Tracker. We love how you can attach dollars needed and assess time needed to each entry as well as assign an “owner.” I’ll post photos soon of the various finished projects.
- Going from struggling to get a weekly meal plan done to getting a full month’s worth of meals planned by the 1st.
- Expanding the Our Groceries App functionality in our house to include 35 favorite meals and 3 staple lists (cold, pantry and specialty) which in combination with the shopping options below has saved many hours a week.
- Setting up almost all grocery shopping with online accounts through the three different Amazon options of Amazon Prime subscriptions and Dash Buttons, Amazon Fresh and Prime Now. I used to have to go to the grocery store multiple times in a week and to between 2-4 different stores to get the variety of items we use. Now, my husband handles making the list with the Our Groceries App (based off my calendar), checks our stock levels and orders needed items. I receive the deliveries and handle putting things away. FINALLY we don’t spend hours on a Saturday going these tasks. And we can divide up this major housework item between us in a way that matches our skill sets. It’s so freeing!!
- Using a daily schedule to get other housework and tasks done so that they don’t feel overwhelming. I found the cute template on Classy Clutter that you see below.
I’m still in progress on quite a lot of my other goals and I’ll keep you updated on them over the next few weeks. I hope where ever you are that the sun is shining as beautifully as it is here in Seattle. And I need to sign off and go enjoy my new found free time!